Pages

29 April 2014

The Keys

I got a text yesterday morning from the person that was holding onto some of my stuff until I could get it moved out of vets house and into my storage unit. It was in my buddy's overly huge shared bathroom, and the person he shared the bathroom with had an issue with my stuff being there and called Case Manager. She called my buddy, who texted me.

*sigh* Fine. I'll come and get it. I don't have a way to move it anywhere, but I'll figure something out.

I went down the hall to ask Case Manager if she'd be able to help by driving me to my storage unit again. I saw that her door was open, poked my head in and said "Good morning...."

"I CAN NOT TALK TO YOU RIGHT NOW! I HAVE TO DEAL WITH SOMETHING ELSE!"

Since a returned "good morning" was clearly out of the question I'll go out on a limb and take that as a no.

-----

While I'm trying to track down people who have vehicles, one of the kitchen guys wants me for something. My saved meals are piling up in the refrigerator, I need to come get them.

Dude, I have no where to put them. I'm back out on the street since last week. Out here don't have a where, much less a refrigerator.  No, I don't want to discuss it. Go 'way now.


-----

I managed to track down someone with a vehicle, but I feel a little bad about asking because he's recovering from surgery. This is also becoming a day I really don't want to be a part of, but I manage to ask and he says sure.

It's not much stuff; an overflowing laundry basket and a box of clothes. As I'm walking out with the second armload, I can hear Case Manager coming up behind me getting ready to yell something.

"HEY YOU NEED TO FIZZLE FAZZLE SNORT ZING GRUNT POW BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH..."

No, I really don't, but I do need to get in this van and move the rest of my stuff.

-----

I know what she wants; she wants my door and mailbox keys.


When she remembers how to ask for them politely, I'll be glad to turn them in.

Not before.





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like your comment to stay private, please let me know in your comment. Anonymous comments are also allowed.