One, it's something productive to do before next semester. I'm taking classes that relate to computer science, so I am really learning something. There are a few details that I missed getting to where I am now, and these online classes have already filled in some of those blanks.
Two, I've finally decided that PTSD and its associated
Kinda like right now, when I feel like crap and haven't been able to be very productive for a few days. Writing this is a tool I'm using to refocus, get my head back in the game. There's been some shit going down in vets house that's derailed me lately.
What does work?
- Being somewhere quiet. Really quiet.
- Having an extended (think several hours) period of time to work.
- A regular sleep schedule. Still a work in progress though.
- Taking better notes; I'm trying out the Cornell Note-Taking System [PDF], along with my Livescribe pen.
- Eliminating distractions. I use full screen mode as much as possible on my laptop. iOS has a Do Not Disturb feature that only lets certain calls through. I keep my chat clients closed. No Facebook. No checking the weather. Etc.
(Cue Bon Jovi's It's My Life.)