Pages

03 March 2010

What would you think?

What would you think if you knew what went on inside my head?

Would you understand, would you know, would you relate? How could you?
Would you recognize the feelings, the emotions? Have you ever?
Can you say you've been there and done that? Really? What do you think about it?

Do you dream like I do, is there any difference between nightmare and dreams for you?
Do you sleep like I do, long enough to rest but not long enough to let the dreams come back?

What if you could see what I'm thinking about in class? What would you do?
What would you say? Would you run away and hide, take cover, call 911?

Would your opinion of me change if you met my demons, knew their names?
Knew the songs that play, read the lyrics, heard the music?

Would you be scared? Would you feel pity? Would you run away? What would you do?

What would you think about me if you knew what went on inside my head?
What would you do about me if you knew what went on inside my head?

4 comments:

  1. Nice poem, very evocative for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 100% sure that what is going on in your head is the same as what's going on in my husband's head. I get him, but only other combat veterans can truly get it....cause they've been there, done that, and got the t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across your blog after goggling PTSD and Studying.

    I can totally relate to every last word of what you've said. I have PTSD and know how aggravating/horrible etc it is.

    Thanks for making this blog. It made me feel "not alone" for the first time in awhile.

    Hope you have a better time studying than I did, today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome. It's good to know my venting does some good for someone else.

    Some days are better than others. Today wasn't the most productive. Tomorrow I'll try again.

    Gotta keep trying. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like your comment to stay private, please let me know in your comment. Anonymous comments are also allowed.