Pages

22 October 2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes

I had a test in one of my classes last Friday; it's a class I've thus far been doing all right in, but this test I didn't do well. I do have an opportunity to reclaim some of the points I lost, so things aren't as bad as they could be. I'm not happy with my score, though-- I could have done much better. For the most part, I understand the material and I have been keeping up with homework and lab assignments. So I should be okay, right? Well, I'm not. I need to make some changes to what I'm doing in school, so that tests aren't two hours of heart pounding anxiety where I forget everything I've done during the past two weeks.

So I'm going to take some time tonight (at work) to keep working on homework, so I don't fall behind with that. I'm going to take my binder of useful PTSD info along, so I can review some of the tricks I picked up in therapy. I'm going to allow myself to be upset today, for a little while.

Then, also tonight, I'm also going to take a close look, and a wide view of what I'm doing in each class, and find some small changes to make that will make success much more likely. I'm going to stop paying attention to things that are no longer under my control (like my application to another school for next semester, which is in progress). I'm going to figure out a way to get some sleep. And then things are going to work better.

I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like your comment to stay private, please let me know in your comment. Anonymous comments are also allowed.